Author Topic: Fire Engine  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Eric Jager

• SIG member
Fire Engine
« on: November 09, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to have a large fire engine in military colours. I visited a market and found this one and above all it was very cheap! So I bought the thing, and given my experiance with metal cars on how to get the paint of and make them like new, this one was perfect for a USAFE fire engine to be.

Done research on it and it proofs to be a Faun, German made and used. Scale is 1/59 comming very close to 72nd scale and best possible as there are NO fire engines or if there's one will be very expensive and far over budget. So for me this one is a USAFE one painted in Marine Green Humbrol 161. I do believe this colour is out of production, but I have some tins of it left.

Next step was to dismantle with causion the fire engine. I drilled everything very carefully so that when everthing is getting back together i have a easy job?. All parts are being bagged and if needed labeled. All went ok and the fire engine is dismanteld and set to go into nail acceton in pure form.

comments welcome!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:13:30 PM by Eric Jager »

Offline Robert Baldo

Re: Fire Engine
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:29:32 AM »
An ambitious project.  I take it that it's too new or the wrong type of truck for a yellow paint job?

Offline Eric Jager

• SIG member
Re: Fire Engine
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 08:28:45 PM »
Thanks Robert!

Meanwhile I worked more on the fire engine. Used acetone, that worked, but not fully to strip the paint of. So went ahead with the dremel tool, until all the paint was gone from the chasis. Have still to work more on the cabin and other large parts to get all the paint off, but the chasis has been primed already and is drying next few days.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:52:18 PM by Eric Jager »